UVGI (Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation)
Your HVAC system is a breeding ground for mould and bacteria that cause sickness, increased labour costs and energy inefficiency.
Steril-Aire's Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) is a solution that eliminates a host of HVAC problems at the source. RIK is designed for medium to large air handling units typically found in commercial and industrial applications. It is the perfect solution for installations with space constraints, staggered banks and facilities where HVAC downtime is a critical concern.
The culprit is biofilm. Biofilm isn't just ugly, that contamination on your coild and drain pans is a harmful microbiological material that thrives in all HVAC systems. It impedes air flow and reduces heat exchange efficiency, making your chillers and fans work harder, increasing energy costs.
Costly coil cleaning only removes visible biofilm on the coil face, where is grows back quickly. This cleaning doesn't reach the build-up deep inside the coil fins. Countless studies link asthma, allergies and disease to the microorganisms growing in HVAC biofilm. Bad indoor air quality is getting risky and expensive.
Steril-Aire's light destroys the root of the problem.
A Sterile-Aire UVCI system is a simple all-in-one solution. Our multi-patented UVC Emitters get rid of biofilm quickly and permanently. Savings on operating costs alone can deliver payback in as soon as 6 months, with a bonus payoff: IAQ you can swear by.
Steril-Aire RIK Benefits:
How the Sterile-Aire System Works:
- Easy Installation: Specifically designed for easy and cost-effective installation
- Fast Installation: Pre-wired from our factory, significantly reducing installation time and HVAC downtime
- Flexible: 6 Enhanced Emitter lengths (24”, 30”, 36”, 42”, 50″, 61″) with up to 8 rows of Emitters for optimum coil coverage from 24″-180″ tall plenums.
- Economical Shipping: Smartly designed to fit in one box, ensuring efficient shipping
- Unmatched UVC Output: Delivers up to 6 times the output of competitive UVC products, for the best germicidal control
- Proven UVC technology, backed by science: Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation is proven to be effective inactivating mold, bacteria and viruses
- Energy Savings: Lowers energy costs by restoring heat transfer and airflow uniformity across the coils
- Improves Indoor Air Quality: Steril-Aire destroys HVAC biofilm, preventing the growth and distribution of airborne pathogens in occupied spaces.
- Safe: Produces no ozone or secondary contaminants
- Improves Operational Efficiency: Eliminates costly HVAC cleaning programs and extends equipment life.
- Cost Effective: ROI is typically less than 2 years.
- Quality: UL, CUL, CE and other agency listings
- Steril-Aire cleans your coils continuously, better than you ever could.
- No more high pressure steam. No more toxic chemicals. No more labour. Our UVGI system makes your HVAC unit self-cleaning and keeps it that way, from coils to the nooks and crannies your maintenance team could never reach.
- Your AHU's will run more efficiently and last longer.
- Without biofilm cloggin up the works, AHU efficiency skyrockets thanks to improved heat exchange efficiency and air volume. 30% increases in total cooling capacity are common. Instead of replacing an old coil or air handler, you can probably rejuvenate it with Steril-Aire.
- Save up to 15% or 20% on your energy bill!
- Energy savings of 15 to 20% and higher are routinely documented in facilities using Steril-Aire Technology. Keeping the coils and other components free of organic buildup restores heat transfer and airflow uniformity, and reduces pressure drop across the coils. The result: reduced energy consumption.
- Reduce potential liability from sickness caused by HVAC-bred microbes.
- Poor indoor air quality (IAQ) has hidden costs and liabilities. Airborne allergens and disease-causing microorganisms pose risks, reduce productivity and increase absebteeism. The good news for your facilities owner: a healthy, green building not only reduces potential liability. It can be a selling point for tenants or employees.